4wheelingearheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wheelingearheads

From The Hard Core Wheeler To The Weekend Warrior.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to a site just for those who like Mud and wheelin

More Mods for the Toyota

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gonzo
Mud Slinger
gonzo

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-18

More Mods for the Toyota Empty
PostSubject: More Mods for the Toyota   More Mods for the Toyota EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:00 pm

As some of you know I am running in the mud run the 28th of June at JustChevyTrucks in Lebanon, me.
So doing a bunch of things to make my odds a little better.
First I finally got around to adding a 2nd steering stabilizer.
I bought 3 like new TSL's and ordered the 4th. 33-10.5-15's. Also picked up some steel wagonwheel rims. Will be sandblasting those and painting them black.
Making the breathers on the front and rear diff.'s, tranny and transfer so I can attach hoses and run them either high under the hood or up under the dash inside. Not sure which yet. Will be putting a filter on the end.
At this time I can't swing buying a rear locker so I have another rear diff. thats also 4:88's that works good just a little gear whine so I am welding that for use only for the mud runs. I am also making it what I am going to call quick change. I am going to run new brake lines on the rear axle but I'm going to use flex line at the backing plates and run the steel line to those leaving just enough slack to be able to pull the axles out enough to change the carrier without undoing the brake lines. To me thats what takes the longest. undoing the reattaching the lines then bleeding. Pain in the but to bleed by yourself. I just got to come up with a way to make sure the flex lines won't get caught on anything. I may just tie wrap them to the tubes to hold them down.
Also I am swapping my airbox and battery. The aorbox is on the left side now. I'm moving it to the right side to be able to run a shorter tube to the intake. It runs over the radiator now. Also with it on the right I can run my snorkel up the right side of the windshield.
More to come
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: More Mods for the Toyota   More Mods for the Toyota EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:55 am

Im looking forward to all the mods and seeing you run maybe i'll just say fuck it and bring my truck over and run.
Back to top Go down
http://4wheelingearheads.com
offroaddean
Post Queen
offroaddean

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: More Mods for the Toyota   More Mods for the Toyota EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 pm

john you better bring your truck i'm bring my new truck that i didn't get done for the first one but i got the ranger dirty brows
Back to top Go down
gonzo
Mud Slinger
gonzo

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: More Mods for the Toyota   More Mods for the Toyota EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Thursday night I started making vent fittings so I can run my frt. and rear diff, tranny and transfer vent up either under the hood or up behind the dash with a filter on the end.
Today I did the air box - battery swap. The airbox is now on the right and the battery is now on the left. What a pain in the butt that was. LOL. Still got to get a better junction box for the battery pos. cables and a better intake tube but it's swapped and working.
Now to get the right frt. fender off and make my snorkel. YEHA. lol
Pics when I get time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Mods for the Toyota   More Mods for the Toyota Empty

Back to top Go down

More Mods for the Toyota
Page 1 of 1