4wheelingearheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wheelingearheads

From The Hard Core Wheeler To The Weekend Warrior.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to a site just for those who like Mud and wheelin

CB whip antenna

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-10

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 pm

I picked up a Diesel Electronics 3 foot fiberglass super flex antenna i know theres alot of hype over the firestick but with this pretuned antenna all i had to do was mount it and plug it in to my cb and i had a 1 to 1 match all the way up to channel 20 so there was no swr to set do that with a firestick.There decent antennas and it only cost me 23 bux at the Exit 3 Truck stop in Greenland.I recommend getting one if you were concidering a firestick.
Here i have it temp mounted to my tow hook to check the swr.
CB whip antenna Tires_12
Back to top Go down
http://4wheelingearheads.com
603Redneck
Post Queen
603Redneck

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-28

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 pm

figures i just got a firestickII with an adjustable tip, that i have NO IDEA how to tune. lol
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:31 pm

I've been into cb's for years and i dont buy antennas that you tune with a screw,I would rather trim an antenna if it's to long then turn a screw that way i know its the true length.I have built many antennas from scratch many long wires a few dipoles and a couple beams,And unless its tuned with a load or locking tuning rings i dont mess with them.But as far as tuning your firestick i can do that for ya there easy as hell to do simple theory if ur SWR is higher on 40 then it is on 1 ur antenna is to long so you simply turn the screw in.And vise versa.
Back to top Go down
603Redneck
Post Queen
603Redneck

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:09 am

i got one of them cheap radio shack cb's. how do i know what my swr is? its just got an on knob and a squelch knob, and thats it. lol
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:52 am

I have to go pick up my SWR meter down at my dads in mass but when i do i will set ur's for u.
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:02 pm

All mounted and ready to talk and i must say its not to shabby concidering i can sit in my driveway and talk to Milton nh and Sanford ME. i shouldnt have any problems talking on the trail.

Mounted on the fender with a 90 degree connector to run the coax straight back

CB whip antenna Dscf1210
CB whip antenna Dscf1211

As you can see in the next few images there is no exposed coax to get ripped off on the trail.
CB whip antenna Dscf1212
CB whip antenna Dscf1213

It may not be pretty but it does the job i even tested it in the yard with a few low tree branches.

CB whip antenna Dscf1214
CB whip antenna Dscf1215

Running a Cobra 25Ltd with a Deisel hand held power mic,I detuned the Radio to about 3 watts on a dead key and turned up the modulation to increse the PEP so i get a real nice 8 watt swing.Wich isnt bad out of a stock radio.
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Antenna flex
CB whip antenna Dscf1216
CB whip antenna Dscf1217
CB whip antenna Dscf1218
Back to top Go down
603Redneck
Post Queen
603Redneck

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 pm

dude you need to tune mine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB whip antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB whip antenna   CB whip antenna Empty

Back to top Go down

CB whip antenna
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4wheelingearheads :: General :: Electrical-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com