4wheelingearheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4wheelingearheads

From The Hard Core Wheeler To The Weekend Warrior.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to a site just for those who like Mud and wheelin

Potential Closure Of NH Road

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
muddslut
Admininstrator
Site Photographer

AdmininstratorSite Photographer
muddslut

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Potential Closure Of NH Road Empty
PostSubject: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:49 am

I snagged this from Exploring to post here in case some of you guys had not seen it over there....

Old Green Hill Road is in danger of being shut down permanently. There has been an item added to the January 26th town meeting agenda regarding the closure of the road. A local snowmobile club has requested that the road be closed because four wheelers were ruining their trails that they work so hard to groom and maintain.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Potential road closure in Barrington, NH

Barrington, NH - January 16th, 2008- A local snowmobile club has sent a request to the town to close a local trail. The item is on the agenda to be discussed at the next town meeting. We will have representatives at the meeting, but we are requesting you to voice your concerns before the meeting.

This trail is used by all user groups, not just snowmobilers and 4x4 trucks. Hikers, ATVs, and several other groups all use the trail. We would like to keep this trail open so it can continue to be enjoyed for years to come. If the snowmobile club gets its way, the road will be gated and locked on both ends and all travel will be illegal.

In 2008, a local 4x4 group, ExploringNH, held a trail cleanup and removed over 150 tires and several dump-truck loads of garbage from the road. Many illegal trails were closed and blocked to discourage continued use. Land owners along the road as well as town officials were very pleased with the turnout. Since then, the trail has stayed clean and has been more enjoyable for everyone.

Land to wheel on is becoming more and more scarce, and in NH, Class 6 roads and private land are all we have left. It would be a shame to see this trail, an historic Class 6 road, be closed forever just to please one club of people that use the trail for ¼ of the year. To help save this trail, please sign the petition, or better yet, write a letter to the Board of Selectmen before January 23rd.

Petition:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/24581.html

Letters:
Board of Selectmen
41 Province Lane
Barrington, NH 03825

Email to:
ATTN: Board of Selectmen – Opinion Against Old Green Hill Closure
info@Barrington.NH.gov

Last edited by muddslut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owndog
Site Owner
owndog

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm

This is why people need to stay off trails and roads for the winter ! Let the sled guys have there fun , they don't have a lot of time , and the last thing you want is to hit some ass holes ruts from a truck when your doing 60+ MPH up a trail !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Since when do the homobilers groom OGH? that whole place is nothing but rocks and holes.And the assholes make the ruts in the spring and summer not the winter.
Back to top Go down
http://4wheelingearheads.com
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:02 pm

The snowmobilers already have 9 million miles of trails that stretch from one end of the freakin earth to the other and now they want the class 6 roads,Whats next????
Back to top Go down
owndog
Site Owner
owndog

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Jacked86bronco wrote:
The snowmobilers already have 9 million miles of trails that stretch from one end of the freakin earth to the other and now they want the class 6 roads,Whats next????

Let um have what they want ! They bring a lot of $$$$$ into are local economy . They also repair trails and clear off fallin trees etc . Maybe some day they will let us use there trails in there off season ! That will never happen if people don'r respect there rite of way when theres snow on the ground !
If you road sleds you would be able to see were they are coming from !
Back to top Go down
Jacked86bronco
Mr.AssHole
Mr.AssHole
Jacked86bronco

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:47 pm

1.They will never let us use there trails in the off season.
2.I grew up riding motocross in mass,and lost the trails that i grew up on to snowmobilers.
3.They want to close a road to us maybe they should wheel and see where we are coming from.
4.If someone actually kept track of the spending they would see we put alot of money into the local community,I dont buy parts online i buy from local vendors.
5.Let them have what they want thats smart they want the road to them selves,And this is just the first road soon they will want them all.
Back to top Go down
owndog
Site Owner
owndog

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Jacked86bronco wrote:

5.Let them have what they want thats smart they want the road to them selves,And this is just the first road soon they will want them all.

I ment let them have what roads they want in the snow season ! Not close them just let them use them with out giving them a hard time .
they will all ways have more land then us ! They don't really leave marks cause they rite on top of the snow ! Thats why they have all kinds of rights , they leave no sign they were there after the snow is gone !
Back to top Go down
mmc005

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 pm

I ride a sled in the winter and I like smooth trails. lol
I don't offroad in the winter, only because you can't see what lies in the trails under the snow. But, I'm all for them closing it for snowmobile use in the winter. I don't want them to close it all together though.

Dog, they might not leave marks in the earth but they litter worse than most offroaders do.(some of them, not all) Also, if they run the trails with very little snow on them, they can dig up the ground too, studs and acceleration will cause ruts too.
Back to top Go down
muddslut
Admininstrator
Site Photographer

AdmininstratorSite Photographer
muddslut

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: IMPORTANT   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 pm

There will not be any chance of this issue being discussed or decided on Monday [1/26] because the Board of Selectmen agreed to push the issue to a future meeting due to the amount of interest shown.

The issue has been dropped from the agenda thanks to the huge amount of interest generated. Great job everyone. Until it gets brought up again, the road is open.
Back to top Go down
cnitrofu

PostSubject: OLD GREEN   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm with jacked.....they already have the whole state right up into Canada !!! Does old green hill intersect with a state snow trail ???? Or do they just want more. I agree we should stay off it during the snow season but to close it year round is dumb.
I know here in Epping where the snow trails cross the paved roads there is quite a berm of snow built-up on the roadway....kind of a safety hazard.
Glad to see they dropped it !!!
Back to top Go down
owndog
Site Owner
owndog

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Just to let everyone know , that road is still closed threw mud season ! All ways check with your road agent , not all towns have the same dates !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Closure Of NH Road   Potential Closure Of NH Road Empty

Back to top Go down

Potential Closure Of NH Road
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4wheelingearheads :: General :: General off roading chat-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com